Dave McClurg is a member of the firm's Labor + Employment practice group. He has a long record of successfully defending employers accused of wrongful termination and discrimination on the basis of race, religion, age, disability and gender. Dave frequently represents employers facing OSHA violations and workers compensation claims alleging safety violations or an “unreasonable refusal to rehire" following a work-related injury. He also has a wealth of experience involving the litigation of wage & hour, theft of trade secret and breach of duty of loyalty claims, and the enforcement of non-compete and confidentiality agreements. In addition, Dave regularly advises clients on issues relating to reduction-in-force layoffs, terminations, severance agreements and return to work issues, helping employers avoid pitfalls that can lead to expensive claims.
Areas of Practice
- State of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®*
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under and in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.
- Juris Doctor, cum laude: University of Wisconsin
- B.S., cum laude: University of Wisconsin
Professional & Civic Activities
- State Bar of Wisconsin - Labor & Employment Division
- American Bar Association - Labor & Employment Division
- Corporate Casual, President
- Barristers Club
- Metro Milwaukee Society of Human Resource Managers - Employment Practices Committee